she, her, her, hers, herself
Feminist Studies Department
Critical Race and Ethnic Studies
Stevenson College Academic Building
Spring 2022: Office hours by appt. Email to set up zoom meeting
Stevenson Academic Services
B.A., Brandeis University
M.A., University of Pennsylvania
Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
British Colonial America; Early Modern Atlantic World; Early Modern Cultural and Religious History; World Missionary History; Women and Religion; Gender
British Colonial America; US and the World; American Feminist Thought; History of Religions in the U.S.; Gender and History; History of the Body
Fellowship, National Endowment for the Humanities, 1990
Fellowship, American Council of of Learned Societies, 1993-94
- The Passion of Anne Hutchinson: An Extraordinary Woman, the Puritan Patriarchs, and the World they Made and Lost. New York: Oxford University Press, 2021
- Women and Religion in Early America 1600-1850: The Puritan and Evangelical Traditions. London and New York: Routledge, 1999.
- "Engendering Puritan Religious Culture in Old and New England." Pennsylvania History 64 (1997), 105-22.
- "Puritan Patriarchy and the Problem of Divine Revelation." Journal of Interdisciplinary History 23 (1993), 571-95.
- "Anne Hutchinson, Sectarian Mysticism, and the Puritan Order." Church History, 59 (1990), 482-96.
- Triumph of the Laity: Scots-Irish Piety and the Great Awakening 1625-1760. New York: Oxford University Press, 1988.